Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Self Portrait – Family Portraits

September 19, 2008

“I'm drawing myself. Those are my eyes, my legs. This is my tummy. My brain... This is my hair. This is the long hair.

I'm going to do my shoes; my ballerina ones because we're going to school.

On the next page, I'm going to draw you [Mommy]. Next to me so you can bring me to school (...).

Oh, I forgot my mouth.

Mommy, this is your mouth – you're sad because I hit D.

Now, I'm going to draw D. This is little D when he was in your tummy.

[On a separate drawing next to D] This is my hair, all in my face!

Oh, now we need Daddy!

He is this tall. OK [eyes]. OK [legs]. Tummy. His shoes, big ones.

Oh, his arms!

We forgot my arms, your arms and D's arms!!! We have to go back! Mommyyyyyy, you have to remember!

[We all got arms and hands...]

No one else in our family, huh?!”

No comments: