Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Run - September 12


I squeeze in time for a last run on Friday morning before the storm. The city is quiet. Most gas stations are dry and have plastic bags tied around their pumps. A Chevron and a Shell still with gas have a constant 5-car line on each working pump.

I set out on a short leg of the River Oaks Run. Not many runners out there - this route is usually pretty busy on a Saturday morning. On my way back, to my surprise I spot a white tail bunny and just a few steps later a snake. It was a coral snake with black and red bands separated by a thin yellow stripe. Mind you, River Oaks is in the heart of the city. Many lots however are extremely large (and the most expensive in town...) and there is a lot of greenery and water around.

Better head back home after a few miles... still have a few things to get ready before the rain and wind start to pound us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_snakes


.

No comments: