Friday, July 11, 2008

Colors everywhere













Thursday started out hot and steamy, a typical Houston Summer day. By 11am rain clouds started to take shape to the South, and a breeze (a warm breeze) started to blow. I think I can make it – and out I go for a run by the reservoir. The clouds soon covered the sun, yes! The wind picked up faster than I anticipated and those rain clouds that seemed quite a distance out were now pretty much overhead, oops! Close to half-way into the run – rain. No more complaining about the heat, in a matter of minutes I felt quite cool, completely drenched with my feet sloshing in my shoes. Oh well, might as well enjoy...

Before the downpour and strong winds I spotted a couple of bumble bees, some of the orange and black butterflies that I haven’t identified yet, and also an earthy-orange wasp. I saw this type of wasp last week by the pool – it has an odd color. Kind of disconcerting when they come too close. Since it’s been hot and raining regularly there were also lots of flowers in bloom along the route. I might actually take my camera up there today for a few pictures – there were probably a dozen different flowers out yesterday.

Hours later...

Since it was Friday and usually my non-running day, I made it a fun-run and took the point-and-shoot with me. Unlike yesterday, no promise of rain anywhere. The sun was blazing with only a mild wind to brake the heat. The flowers were still out and numerous butterflies, bumbble bees and dragonflies came to check me out.

No comments: